For the week of 09/30/2019 here are 8 Long Island High School stand-outs who made their college commitments.
- Jake Naso (2020, Fogo, St. Anthony’s)- Duke | One of the quickest at the X in his class. Naso is an elite face-off specialist who has come onto the scene over the last year after a huge junior season and an impressive tryout for the U-19 USA team. Naso, who was previously committed to UVA, is now pursuing the admissions process at his dream school: Duke University
- Tyler Gatz (2021, M, Mount Sinai)- Utah | Gatz is one of the top prospects to come off the island. His offensive game for a midfielder is second to none. Gatz can break people down, get to the goal, distribute, and make those around him better. His toughness, IQ, and grit is exactly what Utah could use as they continue their quest to becoming the next ‘west of the Mississippi’ team to win a National Championship.
- Will Lynch (2021, FO/M, Chaminade)- Notre Dame | If you watch Lynch compete amongst his class, you’d recognize this kid’s elite. A Chaminade product, Lynch will graduate to playing varsity in 2020, and prove he is rising to become one of the top face-off specialists on the Island. An intriguing match-up will be between Lynch and Naso this upcoming Spring. Flyers vs. Friars. You bet the LILJ will be covering that heavy-weight fight!
- AJ Alexander (2021, A, Syosset)- Providence | After an impressive sophomore season, Alexander proved he can hang at the varsity level. A bullish X-attackman who has skill and power as he migrates above goal line extended. Providence continues their push to secure some of Long Islands top prospects. Alexander is a good addition to the Friars puzzle. It will be exciting to see how AJ elevates his game in 2020.
- Summer Agostino (2021, M, Ward Melville)- Boston College | The trend continues: the golden eagles of Boston College recruiting the best of the best from Long Island. Summer brightens the future of women’s lacrosse with her two-way prowess, and gritty Suffolk style. You know she will be college ready coming out of the Patriots system. Excited for this prospect to shine in 2020 and continue her positive impact on the LI High School lacrosse scene.
- Maureen Duffy (2021, M, Westhampton)- Virginia | Mooooo Duffy. Yah, kid! Heading down to Charlottesville, where she will make her stamp in the college ranks. Mo Duffy is one of Long Island’s best. She does it all. Defends, gobbles up GB’s near the circle, and produces on the offensive. The ‘Canes of Westhampton graduated an impact player in Holly Schleicher in 2019. However, with her loss, the Hurricane Show will be getting Mo Duffy involved in more episodes. Expect higher ratings and for Mo Duffy to put on a small feature film in 2020 (aka her Junior year highlight video).
- Jennelle Bennardo (2021, M, Harborfields)- Jacksonville | Another stud Long Islander heads down south. Jacksonville is building a program worth talking about in the South East. If they keep committing Long Islanders, expect that program to continue trending upward. Bennardo is fast, and speed wins in this game. Excited for Jennelle to take-off in 2020 and help put her Tornadoes on the map!