For four decades one man has roamed the sidelines for Chaminade High School, and that man is Jack Moran. Coach Moran began his head coaching career Chaminade in 1979 and never looked back. Winning a slew of championships in his 40 years of coaching. Hear what makes the coach tick in his Q & A with the LILJ.
Q: What is your lacrosse background?
- played midfield at Levittown Division High School
- 2 yrs Junior College National Championships at Nassau Community College
- 2 yrs University of Massachusetts Midfield
- Long Island Lacrosse Club Midfield
- 2 yrs assistant coach Garden City High School
- 2 yrs assistant coach Levittown Division High School
- 40 yrs Head Coach Chaminade High School
- 1992 Assistant coach U-19 Team USA
- New York Athletic Club “ Mike Pressler” Courage Award
- 2015 US Lacrosse Metro Hall of Fame
- 2018 Distinguished Alumni Award Nassau Community College
Q: Why did you get into coaching?
Passion for the sport Great Mentors. Uncle Richie Moran, Jack Emmer, Bob Waters, Richie Speckman, Dick Garber
Q: What are the challenges presented to a private school program?
Balancing Academics, Service, Athletics
Q: What makes your program unique?
Playing a National Schedule
Q: What is your motto?
Be The Best
Q: What has been the highlight of your coaching career?
Celebrating 1600 Flyer Lacrosse Alumni Winning Gold Medal with Team USA on Long Island
Q: What are your expectations for the upcoming season?
Developing great team chemistry and out working our opponents